The Lead Network Engineer will assume the lead role in supporting all network related tasks in support of our government client in Afghanistan. The network consists of both layer 2 and 3 converged infrastructure topologies of data, voice, and IPTV.
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 / 2000 / NT
- Applications: MS Office 97 / 2000 / 2003, Visio 2000
- NMS / Analysis: IPSwitch What’s Up Gold/ What’s Configured, Cacti, NetFlow
- Routing: Cisco 3900/4000 series ISR routers; Protocols include: IP routing/services EIGRP, MPLS VPNs, 802.1q, ISL, EtherChannel, IP Multicast, VMware, SNMP, HSRP, IPsec, DHCP, Traffic Shaping, Voice over IP, Multiflex Voice/WAN modules, Video / Voice QoS (CBWFQ, LLQ)
- Switching: Cisco Catalyst 2960 / 3850 /4500 series switches, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.1q, EtherChannel, Spanning Tree Protocol, multicast
- Security: Cisco IOS Firewall, Cisco ASA 55xx, AAA, Radius
- Wireless: Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC), Cisco Wireless Guest Server (NAC)
- BlueCoat Proxy Services
- IPTV technologies: Understanding of transport, middleware, transcoders
Globecomm is a leading connectivity provider of video, voice, and data to the most remote locations on Earth — and under the most treacherous conditions. The company’s comprehensive Satellite, Fiber, Cellular, and CDN infrastructure and services provide robust connectivity over Land, Sea, and Air with zero downtime for mission-critical RF and IP communications serving Government, Maritime, Media, Energy, Enterprise, Wireless, and IoT customers in over 100 countries. Along with world-class network system design and integration capabilities, Globecomm specializes in end-to-end hosted and managed services; broadcast and media infrastructure, virtualization, OTT, and IPTV solutions; cloud-based services for private network interactive training, distance learning, and corporate communications; and Satellite, Wireless, and Internet of Things/M2M solutions and services.